Form Does Not Submit
Are you running into an issue where the LeadForm does not submitting? This article contains two trouble shooting tips to help.
1) Check your phone field:
The most common reasons why the LeadForm is not submitting is because of an issue with a phone field.
When using the phone field without our SMS OTP Text Verification feature activated in your account, then you will always want to have the phone field options set as the following:
- Field Type: Phone
- Value Type: Text
If you select the Value type as 'Phone' (meaning that both field type and value type are set to 'Phone') then the form will not submit if our SMS OTP Verification feature is not enabled in your account.
The phone value type should only be used when using our SMS OTP phone verification field. In the near future, we will update the name of this Value Type to say 'Phone - OTP Only ' to make it more clear.
On the other hand, if you're using the SMS OTP phone verification feature, then you should set the value type to 'Phone' - you can read the documentation here.
Side note: To help prevent this from happening the system will display an error message and prevent you from adding the Phone value type in the event that you try to set the value type to 'Phone' when the OTP phone verification feature is disabled.
2) Make sure that your last step (your thank you step) is a 'Text' block step
As a best practice, the last step in your LeadForm - i.e, your thank you step, should always be set as a text block step. This way the system knows to end the form and to send some event data back into your dashboard.
To add a thank you step please follow the instructions:
- Click 'Add new Step'
- On the left hand 'Create' side choose 'text block'
- Add some custom text and click Save.
- Customization: If you do not want the check mark to appear or if you want to customize that thank you step a bit more, simply flip the Custom Code Switch to the 'On' position. This will override our default styling and you can add your own custom HTML and CSS. We can help you with this if you need some help.
- Don't send lead option: With GetLeadForms you can have conditional logic and multiple thank you steps or 'disqualified steps' - it's just a matter of setting a text block step wherever you'd like the LeadForm to end. In the event that your form has a flow where you show the lead a 'disqualified message' and you don't want to send a notification via email or post the lead into your CRM, then simply flip the 'Send lead button' to the off position'
- Redirect to another page: If you would like to redirect the thank you step to another page in your funnel (such as your own thank you page) please visit the documentation here.
If you're still having issues submitting your LeadForm, please reach out to us at support.