How to setup white-labeling
With GetLeadForms you can white-label both the sender domain and the entire platform. In this documentation we'll cover:
- Email Whitelabeling Setup
- Platform Whitelabeling
How to Setup Email Whitelabeling
Email white-labeling is the most common type of white-labeling. The benefit of white-labeling the email address is that you can send leads from a domain such as email@example.com instead of our getleadforms.com domain. This puts us further in the background, which is especially useful for agencies and marketers who are using GetLeadForms for clients.
To activate email white-labeling, you'll need our help because it requires some configuration on the backend. Unfortunately, this is necessary so we can ensure that you get inbox placement for your lead notifications. We essentially need to let our email sending platform know that the address isn't being spoofed. Please follow the steps below:
- Step #1: Contact firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know that you'd like to activate this feature. Please provide the sender domain: i.e, email@example.com and the Email sender name: i.e, Leads from (your domain) or something like that.
- Step #2: Next, we'll handle the configuration on the backend by adding your domain as a white label domain with our email sending provider
- Step #3: Our sender will send you an email with a verification code. Be on the lookout for an email from SocketLabs.com. This will not come directly from us, it will come from our ESP that handles our transactional email notifications.
- Step #4: Once you receive the email please take that verification code and send it back to us in the same email chain. Simply hit reply and send the code. We will use this to verify your domain.
- Step #5: After your domain is verified, we'll finish up the configuration for you and your entire account will be setup with email white-labeling
How to Setup Platform Whitelabeling
In the event that you need even more control over your branding, you can completely white-label GetLeadForms with your own branding on your own sub domain. The benefit to platform white-labeling is that you can give clients access to their LeadForms with your own branded login page.
Please note that we don't currently have a way to handle self-serve signup and billing through our platform. You will need to create an account for each client and handle billing on your own. We plan to add all of this into the platform at a later date.
Please follow the steps to enable platform whitelabeling:
- Login to your account and go to your accounts section: https://go.getleadforms.com/account
- Ensure that your account is in 'agency/white-label mode' by clicking on the button 'Switch to Agency'
- After you enable agency mode, you'll get access to some additional settings
- An area to customize the branding of your white-labeled platform
- An area to add clients and other user accounts
It will look something like this:
- Next, continue by updating the fields in the 'Agency' section with all of your custom branding.
To customize your domain
If you'd like to customize your domain so the form builder lives on your own domain, then you can create a subdomain and have the form builder exist on a domain such as forms.yourdomain.com. Please follow the steps below to do this:
- Enter the domain that you'd like to use as a subdomain. Type it in so it's something like this: forms.yourdomain.com
- Set the A records in your DNS for your domain. Your A Record Name will be different than what you see in the screenshot. It will be whatever your subdomain is.
- From there, there's just one more step. Let us know when this is complete, then reach out to us. We will generate a TXT record manually to help finish up the process. After this TXT record is generated, you'll need to add it to your DNS
- The above is the last step in the process and you'll be good to go from there.
To begin adding clients, head on over to the Clients Tab: https://go.getleadforms.com/clients and click on Add Client
Next, complete the fields on the 'Add client' screen:
Important note: Clicking 'Save account info' will automatically generate an email which will invite the client to create an account within your system.